Now many of you know, during third-year rotations, we are all bound to be under the weather at some point—ahem, notably during your Pediatrics rotation—even with the constant hand washing. So if one of your fellow friends or loved one ends up coming down with a bug (#medschool), I’ve got the perfect recipe for showing the medical student in your life that you want him or her to get well soon!
What goes in the DIY Get Well Kit? Feel free to mix and match as you see fit for your sick one!
- Fuzzy socks. I mean who doesn’t love soft, fuzzy socks?
- Maybe one of those watercolor DIY mugs.
- Or coffee. Or hot chocolate. Whatever you’re into.
- Organic honey. You know—gotta have something to go with that tea.
- Chicken Soup or Vegetable Soup. Homemade in a mason jar is great—just heat and eat up!
- Handmade card. Everyone loves a personal touch.
- Pack of tissues. Need I say more?
- Lip balm. Just being extra.
- Throat lozenges. Probably the most important part of your kit.
- Menthol rub. This is a staple too.
- Aromatherapy spray—something with eucalyptus, lavender, or peppermint.
- Small fleece blanket. Warm vibes, I like it.
- Fluffy robe. Just yes.
- Hand sanitizer. Let’s try to keep the germ-spreading to a minimum, yeah?
Hope you enjoyed a few ideas for your own get-well kit to gift the medical student in your life! To those under the weather: get well soon!