The holidays are upon us and most of us are not ready. Right now, nursing students everywhere are frantically studying for finals and HESI exams, writing care plans and papers and basically just trying to survive this semester. It has been 3 1/2 months of class, labs, clinicals, exams, homework, care plans and, most likely, a few breakdowns. So what do we nursing students want for Christmas besides sleep and no homework or reading assignments? I’ve made a list of items that I have and/or want.
- A WhiteCoat Clipboard from whitecoatclipboard.com – These start at $25.95 and can be customized. They are made of metal and fold in half to easily fit in lab coat pocket or some scrub pockets.
- A Stethoscope – There are many types of stethoscopes so you may want to ask your nursing student or nurse what they would most likely use. Most can be customized by color and have names engraved on them.
- A Scrub Shop Gift Card – Whether you’re in nursing school or working as a nurse, we all have to wear scrubs. A gift card is a great gift especially for the nursing student on a budget.
- A Shoe Store Gift Card – Good shoes are what get us through those long clinicals and shifts.
- A Gift Certificate for a Massage or Mani/Pedi – Most students have been so busy this semester they haven’t had any time for themselves. This is a perfect time for them to relax before they need to start preparing for the next semester.
- A Meal Prep Gift Card – Nursing students love to eat! There is usually not enough time in the day to cook so most of our meals are on the run. A gift card to a local meal prep company would be a blessing for the busy student!