With every New Year, I find myself inspired to start making changes for an even better year ahead. That being said, I thought I would share my updated New Year’s resolutions with you!
- Take better care of myself—mind and body. This was my number one resolution last year, and it will remain number one this year. I always try to do the best I can, but there is always room for improvement.
- Say “NO” more often. I can be so bad about this—I’m a people pleaser, and it’s so easy for me to be the “yes” woman instead of saying no. I find that I tend to neglect myself in many ways (see resolution 1).
- Learn something new every day. Again, this was a resolution I made last year, and it’s staying on the list for this year. In this profession, you never stop learning, and I’m not sure I’ll ever want to stop learning. There’s always something interesting to add to your bank of knowledge.
- Don’t feel guilty about “me time.” You can call me a workaholic. When I spend time with family and friends, I try to make it really count. But I tend to forget that I need time for myself too—just for my well-being. Again, I do my best, but there’s always room for improvement.
- Take more risks. I’m all about leaving my comfort zone, if I know there’s a safety net. That’s the problem—sometimes, it’s about taking risks without the safety net. It’s easy to do what feels comfortable, but this year, I want to be less predictable. Taking risks builds confidence which is a pretty great quality to have. With fourth-year around the corner, I think it’ll be a great time to take chances.
There you have it—my 2018 New Year’s resolutions! I wish you all the happiest of New Years!