Healthy and delicious snacks really make studying SO much better. Not only is it nice to break up the monotony of studying, but healthy foods can fuel your brain and help you study better.
- Chocolate Covered Almonds – I prefer dark chocolate for a couple of different reasons. The dark rich taste is amazing with the almonds. Dark chocolate is also full of antioxidants, great brain food!
- Cheese, Nuts, and Dried Fruit Trail Mix – I take a block of pepper-jack cheese at cut it into little squares. Then I combine cashews and dried cranberries or golden raisins. I separate them into snack sized bags that I can just grab and take to school. The nuts are great brain food and the dried fruit gives you a little bit of sweetness to keep you going.
- Carrots and Hummus – Hummus is something that is very easy to make yourself. Basically, you just blend up chickpeas, olive oil, salt, and whatever else you want to add for flavor. The crunch of the carrot is perfect with the hummus.
- Chips and Salsa – I try to get whole-grain chips to make this snack a little healthier. Switching it up and trying different kinds of salsa is also great (peach-mango, roasted corn, etc.).
- Popcorn – This can actually be a pretty healthy snack if you get the right kind of popcorn! Lightly salted is great and you can dress it up with unique toppings (my favorite is Sriracha). You can also melt dark chocolate and drizzle it over the popcorn for a sweet/salty combo.