There are so many places in the world that I want to see and so many things that I want to do, so I thought I’d share my top 5 places I’d like to visit that are on my travel bucket list. Maybe I’ll find myself in one of these beautiful places as I embark on my last year of medical school!
- Greece. The colors, the people, the food, the beaches, the water. Need I say more? There’s so much culture present with beautiful views in this place. The weather is always beautiful; sunshine is present 300 days per year. The landscapes are to die for—very authentic, yet exotic. Plus, there’s so much history to learn about. The perfect destination for any honeymoon or vacation. Also, I’ve been asked many times if I’m Greek, so I most definitely need to visit, right?
- Italy. First, the FOOD. Italian food is one of my favorites. Not to mention that there is CHEESE everywhere. Cheese is one of my favorite foods. There are so many places to experience, notably Venice, Rome, Cinque Terre, Florence, Amalfi Coast, etc. The buildings, the water, the beaches, the history. There’s so much to immerse yourself in. Even the villages look like a work of art—the cars too, just saying. Plus, I’ve also been asked many times if I’m Italian, so obviously, I need to visit this place as well.
- Spain. There’s a theme here—the beaches, the food, the weather, the water, the museums. Again, more culture to immerse yourself in. Notable cities like Barcelona, Madrid, Ibiza, the Canary Islands, Salamanca, Valencia. There’s something about the Mediterranean flair and the beautiful language. There’s something for everyone to discover and explore.
- France. This is a classic, especially Paris and Versailles. The language is beautiful; I learned French in high school. The art, the castles, the shopping, the fields, the Eiffel Tower. There are so many classics to visit in this place. French bread and vineyards.
- Switzerland. The mountains, the water, the greenery, the snow. Everything about Switzerland is beautiful. It’s the ultimate way to consume the beauty of the outdoors. Every time I see images of Switzerland, all I can think about is how none of it looks real. It’s so picture perfect that you can’t even imagine people living in such beautiful places.