Now for a delicious salad with an equally yummy dessert!
Italian Shrimp and Tortellini Salad (makes 6 servings)
You’ll need: 8 ½ oz ricotta spinach tortellini (buy whichever brand you prefer), 2 lbs jump shrimp (peeled & deveined), ¼ small red onion (sliced thin), 2 stalks celery (sliced), 1 oz capers, ¼ cup black olives (sliced), 2 tbsp fresh basil (chopped)
For the vinaigrette: 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 small garlic clove (minced), ½ tbsp. red wine vinegar, juice of 1 lemon, salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook tortellini according to package directions. Transfer the pasta to a colander and rinse under cold water.
- Return water to a boil and add the shrimp, poach for 2-3 min until they are just pink. Rinse under cold water to stop them from cooking. Drain and cut into large pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix the onion, celery, capers, and olives. Pour the dressing over; mix well.
- Add the shrimp, tortellini, and remaining ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Dark Chocolate PB Banana Bites (makes 6 servings)
You’ll need: 2 medium ripe bananas, ¼ c creamy PB of your choice, ¾ cup baking dark chocolate, 1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice each banana into thin slices and arrange half the pieces on the baking sheet.
- Spread PB onto each banana slice; then cover each slice with another slice. Place in the freezer for about 30 min or until frozen.
- Place the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted. Stir in the dark chocolate, and continue to microwave until smooth.
- Use a fork or spoon to cover each banana bite in chocolate, then place back on the sheet. Freeze for 1 hr and enjoy!