Wondering what you should gift your favorite medical student for the holidays? Here are a few practical things I’ve definitely loved receiving from loved ones in the past!
- School supplies. We spend so much time as medical students with our heads in the books. Some markers in fun colors (my favorites are Sharpie pens and Paper Mate Flair felt pens!), highlighters, post-it notes, washi tape, and the like always put a smile on my face when I have a long night of studying ahead.
- Planner. Balancing all of our academic and social obligations can be challenging. Call me old school, but I love an old-fashioned planner to plan out my study schedule and cross things off of my To Do List. The Plum Paper Design ones are large and customizable, but I’m currently rocking a bright Lilly Pulitzer one.
- Coffee… My brother sent me coffee from his favorite store in San Francisco where he was living at the time, Philz Coffee, for my birthday last year, and it has been the best gift! Nothing better than fresh ground coffee to start off my mornings!
- …plus a coffee mug! I love the Tervis ones (find your school!), but my friend was also raving about Contigo autolock ones that you can throw in your backpack or tote without worrying about it leaking.
- Noise canceling headphones. Perfect for getting into study mode in noisy study spots. Bose ones are pricey, but after wearing mine every day for studying, I can say they are well worth it.