One of my mom’s coworkers keeps bees and has shared some of her local honey with us. It was delicious! This sparked a conversation on all the benefits of honey and how it’s produced. The process of how bees produce the honey and how beekeepers collect it is very interesting. I did some research on local honey and why it can be so good for you. Honey has a lot of health benefits that I’ve discovered.
- Local honey is said to be a great relief for allergies.
- Honey contains many vitamins and minerals in just a small serving.
- Raw honey can help the digestive system perform better.
- Honey is full of antioxidants.
- Honey has anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and anti-septic properties.
Honey can be incorporated easily into our daily lives. One new recipe my mom showed me with the local honey is to mix a spoonful of it with a cup of plain Greek yogurt. It adds a hint of sweetness to the yogurt and is also a nutritious snack or quick breakfast! I also love seasoning chicken breast with rosemary, drizzling honey on top, and baking it for dinner. I have friends who also use it in their coffee drinks as a sweetener — it can be used as a substitute for any sweetener in beverages! Honey is a versatile, wonderful addition to any diet!