I know this may seem a bit unconventional, but sometimes, we all need to be reminded that it can be easier to eat clean than we may think. So, I thought I’d share a list of my go-to (aka FAVORITE) superfruits and the health benefits that accompany them specifically.
First thing first—let me explain the most important reason why I think eating superfruits is vital. First of all, superfruits are packed with antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and other nutrients our bodies need to be in tip-top shape. I also want to note that superfruits are best consumed whole and not processed. I love eating fresh fruits year-round. Our bodies are pretty awesome, and it’s important to me to provide it with the energy and fuel source it needs.
My top favorite category of superfruits comes as a no-brainer—BERRIES! I love all things berry!
- Berries are filled with vitamin C; in fact, all you need is one cup to reach your recommended daily intake. Strawberries are also an excellent source of folic acid and whiten your teeth naturally!
- They are said to be high in flavonoids to aid with better brain function and memory.
- Berries are also rich in manganese which is important for metabolism processes.
- Berries are excellent sources of fiber!
- They are nice and tart giving any berry salad a little something extra. Berries are high in antioxidants and specifically, rich in polyphenols which may help prevent cardiovascular disease, cancers, and osteoporosis.
- Acai Berries are probably the most highly rated superfruit due to their antioxidant power!
If you enjoyed part one of where I share the health benefits of my favorite superfruits—all things berries, then definitely stay tuned for part two where I share a more comprehensive list of my favorites.