If you missed part one, go check it out because I share my top favorite superfruit category! I really wanted to share why eating superfruits are so important and the health benefits of each of them, especially my favorite ones! Let’s be real, I love all the fruits but these get a special mention as I find myself eating these the most often and find them to be super easy to take along with me especially for meal prep days!
- Grapes. Grapes contain a powerful antioxidant called resveratrol that promotes a healthy heart! You’ll always catch me with grapes in my lunch box—such an easy snack and super delicious! As an added bonus, the malic acid in grapes naturally breaks down stains and discolorations on teeth.
- Grapefruit. I just can’t get enough. There’s something so refreshing and delicious about grapefruit. I love the bitter aftertaste. These are full of antioxidants and can aid in lowering cholesterol.
- Bananas. This is my go-to breakfast item. They’re loaded with potassium and keep you feeling full!
- Pomegranate. I love this superfruit! It has such gorgeous color and flavor. It’s my favorite fruit for winter as it is best between September and February. Naturally, it’s filled with antioxidants.
- Citrus fruits. From limes to tangerines, I love them all. They’re so full of vitamin C, fiber, and other nutrients that help prevent disease! Vitamin C can counter the effects of sun damage, regulate oil glands, and even prevent age spots.
- Apples. These are a great source of fiber, and the skin contains quercetin, an antioxidant that packs antihistamine and anti-inflammatory power. I also love eating apples with peanut butter as a meal replacement when I’m on-the-go or don’t have time to prepare anything!
- Cherries. They contain an antioxidant, anthocyanin which can reduce inflammation and lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
I hope you enjoyed this two-part series on my top favorite superfruits and their health benefits!